The main items included in the update on 14 March 2013 are:
The main items included in the update on 28 February 2013 are:
- Weekly and biweekly pay cycles now available - Need to pay your employees once a week or every two weeks? Then add a weekly or biweekly cycle to your company.
There is no limit to the number of companies or cycles you can add.
Please read the release notes which are included in the help file for an overview of the changes included in this release.
What will it cost you?
You pay R3.90 per week for the first 30 employees, R3.10 for the next 20 and only R2.50 for any additional employees processed per weekly cycle.
For biweekly cycles you pay R7.80 per biweek for the first 30 employees, R6.20 for the next 20 employees and R5.00 for any additional employees processed per biweekly cycle.
The main items included in the update on 15 January 2013 are:
- Your tax tables have been updated! - The new tax rates for the 2013/2014 tax year were announced in the budget speech on 27 February 2013. We've already updated your software to ensure that your March payroll has the correct tax values.
Please note that all companies that are already in March 2013 will recalculate. If you have printed payslips and reports already for March, please reprint them.
For a summary of all the budget speech changes affecting your payroll, click here
The main items included in the update on 18 October 2012 are:
- Enhanced search and filter options on the employee list - The employee list is by default filtered to only show the employees in the current tax year. Other filter options are also available. The status bar will indicate the filter option that is currently active.
We've also added an active search option whereby you can search the employee list by typing in the employee code or the employee's surname (or portion of it).
- Change the user display name - You can now change the "user display name". This is the name that is used in all communication with you. Click on Explore => Client Information => User Details.
- Other changes - Changes were made to the "linked company" section on the payslip definition templates view. The employee code now also displays at the top of all employee views.
- Release notes - Detailed release notes now form part of the help file. Click on Help at the top of any view and go to the "Release Notes" section.
The main items included in the update on 4 October 2012 are:
- Monthly checks on definitions with the same IRP5 codes to ensure you don't have negative year-to-dates - We've implemented checks to ensure that you don't end up with negative year-to-date values at the end of the tax year.
Why do we have to check this? SARS does not allow you to report negative values on tax certificates. So, instead of only checking your values at the end of the tax year, we are now checking it every month. Employees with negative year-to-date values will be indicated with a blue triangle in the employee list. The affected definitions will also be flagged with a blue triangle on the payslip view.
You will not be able to roll over to a new payroll month if you have employees with negative year-to-date values.
The main items included in the update on 21 September 2012 are:
- Increase in UIF contribution limit - The limit for calculating UIF contributions has increased to
R14 872.00 from October 2012.
You software has been updated for you, so your contributions will automatically be adjusted from your October payroll.
Remember you can access the help file from any view in the software - click on the help link at the top of your screen.
- Add definitions to your templates from the payslip - Can't find the earnings, deductions, company contributions or fringe benefits you need on your payslips?
We have pre-defined all the definitions that you might need. But because we don't want you to have a long list of definitions that you never use, we make use of templates to select the definitions you do use in your company. You can add or remove definitions from this template at any time.
You can now add and remove definitions to your template from the Payslip view. Have a look at the help file for more information!
- Make adjustments to year to date UIF and SDL values - Incorrectly deducted UIF or SDL during the year? Or you did not deduct it and should have?
You can now make adjustments to the year to date SDL and UIF values - click on the definitions on the payslip to get to the adjustment popup.
Remember that SARS requires the correct amount of UIF and SDL to be reported on your tax certificates, so ensure that your EMP201 = EMP501 = tax certificates!
The main items included in the update on 30 August 2012 are:
The main items included in the update on 16 August 2012 are:
- Interim submissions to SARS - Submit your interim reconciliations to SARS from 1 September to 31 October 2012.
Your tax certificate submissions have been udpated with the changes as required by SARS.
The main items included in the update on 19 June 2012 are:
- Leave is here! - Manage your employees' annual, sick, family responsibility and maternity leave.
The system takes care of leave accrual while you can capture leave transactions with from and to dates. You can also attach documents such as sick notes to your transactions. All this at no extra charge!
The setup has been pre-defined so you can start using leave in 3 easy steps.
Click here to read the release notes with more detail.
Please email support if you need assistance or have any questions regarding leave.
Coming soon ... Leave! Yes, our first release will cater for the management of annual, sick, family responsibility and maternity leave.
- Microsoft Silverlight update - As part of this release, you’ll be required to update the Microsoft Silverlight plugin you installed when you signed up for Liquid.
The next time you try to access Liquid, you will be prompted to install the Silverlight update. Please follow your browser’s prompts – these vary between different browsers and depend on your browser settings. Once you’ve updated Silverlight, you will be able to access Liquid again. This is a quick update and should not take you more than a couple of minutes.
Please email support if you need assistance with the update.
- Updates to the report previewer and printing options - Next time you print reports and payslips, you might notice that the toolbar looks a little different. This is because we've updated our reporting tool. Larger companies will definitely see a difference in the speed with which reports are generated. Remember there are various export options, should you want to save the report to formats such as Word or Excel.
The main items included in the update on 17 April 2012 are:
The main items included in the update on 26 February 2012 are:
- Provision for tax on annual bonus ... enter the bonus amount and we do the rest - Loading annual bonuses have never been this easy. Enter the bonus amount and the bonus month as soon as you get your bonus schedule. Want to make provision for tax on annual bonus? It is as easy as selecting your provision type, and we do all the calculations and recalculations for you!
Read more in the help file once you have logged into Liquid - How to add an annual bonus and make provision for tax on annual bonus.
- Don't want to see all your old terminated employees in your employee list? - We've added some filter options on the employee list. The status bar at the bottom of each view will indicate whether the list is currently filtered.
- The budget speech took place on 22 February 2012 - The changes announced in the budget speech, as well as other tax changes for the 2013 tax year are now catered for in the software. You are also able to roll over to March 2012.
Click here to read more about the budget speech and how it affects your payroll.
- New payslip definition functionality and more - Choose the earnings, deductions company contributions and fringe benefits you want to use in your companies. Click here to read the release notes with more detail of these and other changes.
The main items included in the update on 13 December 2011 are:
We know it looks like we've been really quiet, but we've been working hard to get a lot done in the background. So, here is some of what we've been working on that you will see in this update.
Coming soon ... new payslip definitions and templates, so you can choose the earnings and deductions you want to use in your companies.
- Need to go back to a previous payroll period? - You can now roll back to a previous payroll period. What is great about a rollback is that it keeps the changes you made to fixed information (where a backup restore overwrites everything you've done)!
Please have a look at the help file for more information on roll backs. If you are unsure whether you should do a rollback, please contact the support desk for assistance.
- Upload a company logo to print on your employees' payslips - You can now upload your company logo to print on the employees' payslips. Go to Explore -> Company Information -> Company Details to upload the logo.
The main items included in the update on 30 June 2011 are:
- Want to use a new email address when logging into Liquid? - You can now change the email address you use when logging into Liquid. Go to Explore => Client Information => User Details. Click on the "Change Email Address" button and enter the new email address you want to use when logging into Liquid. You will receive an email with an activation link which you must use to activate your new email address.
Liquid sends all account verification emails to the email address with which you login to the system. It is thus important that an active email address is always used.
- Want to change your password? - You can now change the password you use when logging into Liquid. Go to Explore => Client Information => User Details. Click on the "Change Password" button and enter the new password you want to use when logging into Liquid. This change is effective immediately.
The main items included in the update on 14 June 2011 are:
- Grouping of paid and unpaid invoices - We grouped your invoices on the Invoice Information view. You will see all the invoices which must still be paid in the "Unpaid Invoice Details" section while all your paid invoices are grouped in the "Paid Invoice Details" section.
- Demo days remaining - For our demo users, we've added a countdown so you always know how many days you have left to access the demo software. You can see the number of days remaining at the top of all views in Liquid.
Remember, you only have 30 days access and have the option to go live at any time.
The main items included in the update on 8 June 2011 are:
- Leave balances printed on payslips - Users have requested a function to print the employee's available annual leave balance on the payslip. Advise the days due to the employee in the Additional Information section on the Employee Details view. The leave balance will then be printed on the employee's payslip.
Coming soon ... there has been a huge demand from our users to add a leave module to Liquid. We have started with the design process and will start development on the module in due course.
- Pricing changes - 7 June saw the end of our launch special where you could process the first 2 employees for free. Clients who signed up before 7 June will still process their first 2 employees free. Please have a look at the Pricing page to see our new pricing structure.
The main items included in the update on 2 June 2011 are:
- New transaction definitions - We've added more definitions for you to select from on the payslip. Have a look at the Add+ list on the payslip to see the new definitions.
Coming soon ... we will be expanding the definitions available on Liquid. You will be able to select which definitions you want to use in which company (so, exclude the ones you never use) and will also be able to copy and rename the definitions.
- ID number printed on payslips- Users requested that the ID number be printed on the payslip. The ID number is printed in the header section of the payslip.
The main items included in the update on 26 May 2011 are:
- Mid-year reconciliations - We updated the tax certificate submission to allow you to create your tax certificates and e@syFile file at the end of August. More information on the mid-year reconciliation will be distributed closer to the submission due date.
- More reports can now be printed in your Previous Tax Years view - You can now also print the Employee Detail, Pay Register and Employee List reports in all your previous tax years.
- Resizing of photos uploaded to the Employee Details view - You can upload any size jpeg photo to the Employee Details view - Liquid will resize it for you and ensure that it is within the allowed size limit.
The main items included in the update on 5 May 2011 are:
The main items included in the update on 4 April 2011 are:
- Make adjustments to values processed in the previous tax year - You do your recon and realise you made a mistake in the previous tax year. You can adjust your YTD values before printing your tax certificates!
Access your previous tax year from the Explore menu. Access the payslip of the employee where adjustments must be processed - you'll see the year to date value for all payslip amounts displaying on the payslip. Click on the incorrect value and process your adjustment.
The main items included in the update on 10 March 2011 are:
- Print your tax certificates and import the information into e@syFile - 4 April to 3 June 2011 is time to submit your tax certificates and reconciliations to SARS! Once you have rolled out of February, access your previous tax year from the Explore menu. Go to Reports and Exports and complete your tax certificate submission there.
The main items included in the update on 21 February 2011 are:
- Tax rate changes for the 2011/2012 tax year - the tax changes applicable from March 2011 were updated today. Click here for a detailed explanation of the changes affecting your payroll.
Please note that the Tax, SDL and UIF will recalculate when you log into your company that is in any pay period from March 2011!
The main items included in the update on 31 January 2011 are:
- Tax year end preparation has started - we are nearing the end of the tax year, which means it is time to start preparing to submit tax certificates and EMP501 reconciliations to SARS. Before finalising your February payroll, have a look at your financial values for the year - use your February pay run to make any adjustments that are necessary.
Also verify all employee fixed information that is required to print valid tax certificates, such as addresses, full names etc. Make use of the validation feature now available on the company and employee detail views! By running these validations, you will see what information you need to capture before you will be able to print tax certificates. Employees who still require information will have a yellow warning symbol in the employee list.
- How do I print my tax certificates? - We are doing a lot of preparation on the software to make it really easy for you to access your historical information and produce tax certificates. So ... when you get to the end of February, you can do a normal roll over to March.. As always, we'll make a backup when you roll over. You will soon be able to access your 2011 information and print your tax certificates. We'll let you know as soon as this is available and update the help file to guide you around the new part of the system.
- Have any employees with directives or private RAs? - employees must apply for directives every year and also provide proof of private retirement annuity payments every year. Directives and private RAs will be cleared during your roll over to March and must only be captured for the 2011/2012 tax year if new documentation is provided by the employee.
The main items included in the update on 20 January 2011 are:
- Bank name added to Nett Pay List - to make it easier to load your EFT payments, we've added the bank name to the Nett Pay List. This was a user request! So, if you have any requests which will make your life easier, please email them to email@example.com.
- Viewing and printing your invoices - to view or print your invoices, go to the Client Information - Invoice Information view. You will also find your payment reference number and our banking details here. Direct any account queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Logging in and locked out - as a security measure, we only allow you 5 attempts to log into the system. If you enter your login details incorrectly, we will give you a count down. After 5 attempts, you will be locked out of the system. You can request your account to be unlocked by clicking on the link below the Login section.
- Help file - a comprehensive help file is available on all views. Click on "Help" at the top of any view to open the help file.
The main items included in the update on 16 January 2011 are:
- Collecting more of your details - you can process your first payroll month for free. From your second payroll month, you will be able to process 2 employees for free, and pay R15 (excl) for each additional employee processed. So, in order for us to give you an invoice, we need to know a little more about you. As part of your second roll over, you will have to enter details of the person or entity the invoice must be issued to.
- Liquid goes Live! - we've completed our beta phase and Liquid is now live. You can work on your payroll like before. If you process more than 2 employees, you will receive an invoice for your use at the end of each month. Please continue to give us your feedback on email@example.com.
- What's next - we are busy implementing tax year end functionality to enable you to print tax certificates for your employees and to submit the tax certificate information to SARS.
The main items included in the update on 6 January 2011 are:
- Multiple companies - you are now able to set up more than one company per registered user. If you thus do payrolls on behalf of other companies, you are able to load them all without having to register with multiple email addresses (usernames)! You can easily add a company by clicking on the "Add" button next to the company name at the top of your screen, and a wizard will assist you to set up your new company. You can always view your company number and company name to the top right of your screen.
- Processing checklist - the checklist on the dashboard is updated to assist you with the basic steps of processing your monthly payroll. You will also be able to roll your company into a new payroll month from here. The help file, which will be included in the system soon, will provide you with a detailed checklist and guidance on processing your payroll.
- UIF submission - when doing the UIF submission, the contact person details will default from the Company Information - Company Details view, where any permanent changes to these details must be made. We have also added a validation to the file extension, in order for you not to accidentally overwrite a previous submission that was made to UIF.
- Validation of fixed information - in order for you not to have an admin nightmare of having to fix validation errors when printing your tax certificates, we have already implemented certain validation rules when you capture any fixed company or employee data. Special characters such as # or numbers are not allowed in the name of the SARS contact person, for example - the system will not allow you to enter these characters.
The main items included in the update on 9 December 2010 are:
- Select which employees to print in reports - We have added an employee selection to certain reports. Want to check the variances on a specific employee only? Click on the "Select employee to print:" arrow and select the employees you want to include.
Click to view a larger image
- EMP201 report - This report indicates the current period PAYE, SDL and UIF values on the left, and the employee's year to date values on the right. Do you want to know what values to complete on your EMP201 for the current period? Then select "Employees with Current Month values" from 'Select employees to print'. If you want to reconcile all the year to date values, even if the employees don't have any current values, then select "Employees with Year to Date values" from 'Select employees to print'.
- Employee Variance report - A new report was added to Monthly Reports to assist you with checking your payroll. Use this report to verify any variances between the previous period and the current period. You have the option to print the report for all or selected employees. Then you can also select to only print variances on the selected employees, or all values the employee had in either the current or previous periods.
- Year to Date Details report - This report prints all the financial information for the current tax year, as it was processed each period. It contains the same information as the Year to Date view, available on each employee record.
- Delete an employee - Have you incorrectly loaded an employee? A "Delete Employee" button is now available at the top of the Employee Details view. This option is only available in the period in which the employee is loaded. Any processing done on this employee will be logged in the audit log.
- Payroll Totals report - The Payroll Totals report has been added to Month End Reports. This report should be printed and filed after all processing has been finalised each period.
The main items included in the update on 23 November 2010 are:
- RFI (Retirement Funding Income) calculation - the system generated RFI value now makes provision for multiple funds.
- Medical aid beneficiaries - beneficiaries are now updated on the right hand side of the 'Medical Aids' and 'Private Medical Aids' sections on the Employee Benefit Details view.
- UIF submission - The UIF submission file is now emailed to the Department of Labour on your behalf. A copy of the submission is also emailed to you for your records. You can print a report of the employees included in the file, as well as a report of any errors.
- Updates to reports - Changes were made to the following reports: Employee Detail, Variance Report, Payroll Totals report.
- Forgotten password - You will now find a link below the login details, which you can use to request your password to be reset.
- Employee list sorting - Default sort options were added to the employee list. You can change the sort sequence when the 'Sort' button is selected on the left of the employee list.
Forgot your password? Click here to reset it.
Locked out? Click here to request your account to be unlocked or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org